This begins Canon PIXMA MX512 with built-in Wi-Fi for printing and scanning essentially throughout your residence from computer systems as well as compatible mobile phones. This also includes AirPrint2, which allows you wirelessly print pictures, e-mails, web pages, papers and also more from compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch tools to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-In-One. An integrated 30-sheet Auto Document Feeder, built-in Auto Duplex Printing, a Dual Function Panel, and FastFront are simply several of the features that can permit you to conveniently multi-task while your PIXMA MX512 goes to work. This can bring office effectiveness to brand new degrees as well as decrease cost at the same time. With the subjected interface, the individual could scan or copy essential records without having to fret about the file blocking the control panel and also switches required to perform the job.
4800 x 1200 maximum shade resolution and also the FINE Cartridge System indicates fantastic service paper printing as well as performance while built-in imaging technology makes sure the integrity of originals are maintained with each copy as well as scan. Canon PIXMA MX512 Preserve security criteria by utilizing features to prevent misdialed fax transmissions and also maintain checked documents password protected. When making the decision on which printer to purchase, a vital variable that users seek is total ease-of-use. Taking this right into account, Canon has actually established the FastFront system as well as a subjected user interface included on all three new printers. Situated on the front of the printer, the FastFront system allows users to open the front panel of the printer to conveniently access both the ink and paper for very easy substitute. Each printer uses the two-cartridge ChromaLife 100 ink system one black cartridge and one shade cartridge– giving high-quality prints on simple paper, while still supplying high-quality image prints.
Available for both brand-new cordless models is the Canon Easy-PhotoPrint mobile app2, for use with suitable Apple and Android cell phones and tablet computers, enabling papers to be checked on the printer as well as sent out straight to a compatible tool. Users can print PDFs of records that were produced with the app straight from suitable devices, whereas in the past only images could be printed. With 802.11 n Wi-Fi capability, the PIXMA MX512 Wireless Office AIO Printer versions can a high-speed network transfer rate. Setting up a cordless network can be easily accomplished with journalism of one button when using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
Canon PIXMA MX512 Compatible Ink:
- PG-240XXL XXL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-240XL XL Black Ink Cartridge
- PG-240 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-241XL XL Color Ink Cartridge
- CL-241 Color Ink Cartridge
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MX472 Download Driver
[su_tabs style=”grid”][su_tab title=”Os Compatible“]
- 1 Canon PIXMA MX512 Specification
- 2 Troubleshooting
- 2.1 Scanner Does Not Work
- 2.2 ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- 2.3 Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- 2.4 How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- 2.5 Your printer should now be installed and working.
- 2.6 How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX512
- 2.7 Related posts:
Canon PIXMA MX512 OS Compatibility
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Specifications“]
Canon PIXMA MX512 Specification
|Print Speed (up to)||4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 46 seconds|
|Print Speed (Approx)||Black: ESAT: 9.7 ipm
Color: ESAT: 5.5 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Black: 640
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||150 Sheets
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;
Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
|Printer Features||Auto Document Feeder, Auto Photo Fix II, Auto Sheet Feeder, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Photo Printing, Template Print, Auto Duplex Printing|
|Copy Speed (up to)||sESAT: Color: 4.7 ipm|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Copy Features||Auto Document Fix, Copy, Borderless, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Multiple Copy: 1-99 pages, Preset Copy Ratios, Sort (ADF), Zoom|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical: 1200 x 2400 dpi
Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Max. Document Size||Flatbed: 8×5″x11.7″
|Modem Speed||33.6 Kbps (Super G3 color FAX)|
|Transmission Speed (approx.)||Black: Approx. 3 sec per page
Color: Approx. 1 min per page
|Memory Capacity||Approx. 50 Pages|
|Speed Dialing||20 Locations|
|Fax Features||Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, F/T Changing(manual), Group Dialing, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception|
|Media Card Support||SD™ Memory Card
MultiMediaCard® Plus (v4.1)
Memory Stick PRO™
Memory Stick Duo™
Memory Stick PRO Duo™
Memory Stick Micro™
|Other Features||Wireless Printing, 2.5″ LCD, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Ethernet, Full HD Movie Print, Fully-Integrated Auto Document Feeder, Mobile Printing, PictBridge, FastFront, Quick Start|
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
Card Slots (See Memory Card Support)
PictBridge (Cable not included)
Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional)
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
MX512 Printer Driver
MP Navigator EX
|Dimension (W x D x H)||16.4″ (W) x 18.1″ (D) x 7.8″ (H)|
[/su_tab] [su_tab title=”Download“]
Canon PIXMA MX512 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|MX512 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|MX512 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||184.108.40.206||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|MX512 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11||17 MB||Download|
|MX512 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/10.5)||18.1.0b||13 MB||Download|
|MX512 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||36 MB||Download|
|MX512 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.03||28 MB||Download|
|MX512 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||22 MB||Download|
|MX512 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|MX512 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|MX512 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.70||3.4 MB||Download|
|MX512 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.70||3.6 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||1.90||3.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.70||8.1 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||5.1.1||35 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/ 10.7/10.6)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.1.1||48 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.5/10.6)||5.1.0||36 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|MX512 series User Manual (Windows)||1.10||19 MB||Download|
|MX512 series User Manual (OS X 10.5)||1.10||38 MB||Download|
|MX512 series User Manual (Mac)||1.11||38 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Mac||1.5||128 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint for Windows||1.5||303 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX512 series – Setting Up the Fax||1.00||714 KB||Download|
|MX512 Getting Started||V2||3.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX512 series – Specification Sheet||1.00||275 KB||Download|
|Guide for Printer Setup for Network||V1||508 KB||Download|
|Setting Up the FAX||V1||808 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.70||92 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||1.90||502 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX512 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon Pixma Printer Setup For Windows” style=”glass-gold” icon=”chevron”]
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon Pixma Printer Setup For Mac” style=”glass-gold” icon=”chevron”]
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
[su_spoiler title=”Canon Pixma Printer Wireless Setup” style=”glass-gold” icon=”chevron”]
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX512
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX512 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX512 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX512 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.