The Canon Pixma MX892 works simply fine, which becomes its largest mistake. Everything works, yet absolutely nothing stands out. It may be just the thing for someone that makes use of a printer fairly gently and desires good printing and scanning high quality. Nevertheless, it might not be the front runner for any kind of business or office setting. The Pixma MX892’s paper-handling features are excellent. In addition to a 150-sheet major tray, it has a back vertical feed that can hold 150 even more sheets. Canon likewise includes an automatic duplexer, as well as a 35-sheet automatic paper feeder (ADF) for the scanner. The ADF scans duplex, so you do not need to double-feed two-sided files by hand. The flatbed scanner is letter-/ A4-size, and also the cover telescopes to accommodate thicker material.
The Canon PIXMA MX892 includes a built-in card visitor with a front side USB/PictBridge port. The Pixma MX892 is compatible with the adhering to media: SD, SDHC, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus, CompactFlash, Microdive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo and also Memory Stick PRO duo. Thankfully, Canon uses a lot of assistance for every one of its items, so you’ll be able to browse FAQs, download drivers or print brand-new individual handbooks. Customer support reps are offered via phone or e-mail, and also both techniques use quickly and also comprehensive assistance. As you collaborate with this all-in-one inkjet printer, you can trust Canon to always have your back. The Canon Pixma MX892 prints, scans, duplicates and also faxes as well as several other all-in-one inkjet printers, but it doesn’t provide much to establish it apart. The style as well as user interface are fine, yet nothing concerning the printer feels one-of-a-kind.
The Canon Pixma MX892 scans as well as copies in addition to the average all-in-one printer, if slower compared to the best. It copies at a price of 12.5 copies each min for black and white and also 7.5 duplicates each minute for shade copies. On top of that, this multifunctional printer permits dual-scanned files, so when you feed a piece of paper through the automatic document feeder, it will certainly scan both sides as opposed to compeling you to turn and also scan 2 web pages independently. If you have to obtain a number of copies all set for an essential course or meeting, the slow-moving copy speed makes this the scourge of the dawdler.
- 1 Canon PIXMA MX892 Review
- 2 Canon PIXMA MX892 Installation Manual
- 2.1 How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
- 2.2 The printer driver setup window appears.
- 2.3 Troubleshooting
- 2.4 ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- 2.5 Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- 2.6 How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- 2.7 Your printer should now be installed and working.
- 2.8 How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX892
- 2.9 Related posts:
Canon PIXMA MX892 Review
- PGI-255 PGBK XXL XXL Pigment Black
- PGI-250 PGBK XL XL Pigment Black
- CLI-251 C XL XL Cyan
- CLI-251 M XL XL Magenta
- CLI-251 Y XL XL Yellow
- CLI-251 BK XL XL Black
- PGI-250 PGBK Pigment Black
- CLI-251 C Cyan
- CLI-251 M Magenta
- CLI-251 Y Yellow
- CLI-251 BK Black
Recommended Driver: Canon PIXMA MX922 Download Driver
- Windows:19 Windows® 10, Windows® 8, Windows 8.1,
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista® SP1,
- Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac:20 Mac OS® X v10.7.5 – 10.10
|Printing Technology||Color inkjet|
|Print Speed||Black: 12.5 ipm
Color: 9.3 ipm
|Maximum Resolution||Black: 600 x 600 dpi
Color: 9600 x 2400 dpi
|Number of Nozzles||Pigment Black, Dye Black, Yellow: 512 nozzles each
Cyan & Magenta: 1536 nozzles each
Total: 4608 nozzles
|Minimum Ink Droplet Size||1 pl|
|Ink Type||Pigment, dye-based|
|Ink Palette||Pigment Black, Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow|
|Ink Cartridge Configuration||5 individual ink cartridges|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||Glass: 2400 x 4800 dpi
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi
|Interpolated Resolution||19,200 x 19,200 dpi|
|Color Depth||Color: 48 bit/24 bit (RGB 16/8 bit each)
Grayscale: 16 bit/8 bit
|Scan Area||Glass: Up to 8.5 x 11.7″ (21.59 x 29.72 cm)
ADF: Up to 8.5 x 14.0″ (21.59 x 35.56 cm)
|Scanner Drivers||TWAIN, WIA|
|Scan Modes||Auto Document Fix, Auto Duplex Scan, Auto Scan Mode, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory|
|Fax Capability||PSTN, Super G3, G3|
|Modem Speed||33.6 kbps|
|Transmission Speed||Black: 3 seconds/page
Color: 1 minute/page
|Transmission/Reception Memory||~ 250 pages|
|Fax Resolution||Black – Standard: 203 x 98 dpi
Black – Fine (Photo): 203 x 196 dpi
Black – Extra Fine: 300 x 300 dpi
Color: 200 x 200 dpi
|Gradation||Black: 256 levels
Color: 24-bit full color (RGB 8 bit each)
|Dialing Options||Coded speed dial, group dial, numeric dial, auto redial, manual redial (10 destination memory)|
|Speed Dial Locations||Speed Dial: 100 numbers
Group Dial: 99 numbers
|Data Compression Method||Black: MH, MR, MMR
|Density Increment||3 levels|
|Fax Features||Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, F/T Changing(manual), Group Dialing, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception|
|Copy Speed||Color: 7.4 ipm|
|Reduction/Enlargement||25 to 400% (in 1% increments)|
|Quantity||1 to 99|
|Copy Features||AE (Auto Exposure / Intensity) Copy, Auto Duplex Copy, Borderless5, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Preset Copy, Ratios, Reserve Copy, Sort (ADF), Zoom|
|Paper Sizes||4.0 x 6.0″ (10.16 x 15.24 cm), 5.0 x 7.0″ (12.7 x 17.78 cm), 8.0 x 10.0″ (20.32 x 25.4 cm), Letter, Legal, US #10 Envelopes|
|Maximum Paper Width||8.5″ (21.59 cm)|
|Maximum Printable Area||8.5 x 14.0″ (21.59 x 35.56 cm)|
|Paper Types||Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper “Photo Rag”
Envelope: US #10 Envelopes
|Paper Capacity||Input Tray: 150 sheets
ADF – Letter: 35 sheets
ADF – Legal: 30 sheets
ADF – Other: 1 sheet
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed, Wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n), Ethernet, Memory Card Slots, PictBridge, Google Cloud Print|
|Compatible Memory Cards||SD: SD, SDHC, miniSD, miniSDHC, microSD, microSDHC
MMC: MultiMediaCard, MultiMediaCard Plus, RS-MMC
Memory Stick: Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro
XD: xD, xD Type M, xD Type H
|Network Security||WEP (64/128 bit), WPA-PSK (TKIP/AES), WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES)|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows RT
Apple: Mac OS X 10.7, 10.6, 10.5.8
|Windows System Requirements||Windows 7: 1 GHz or faster processor (32/64-bit), 1 GB RAM, IE6 or later, 1.5 GB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, SVGA 800 x 600 display
Vista: 1 GHz or faster processor (32/64-bit), 512 MB RAM, IE6 or later, 1.5 GB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, SVGA 800 x 600 display
XP: 300 MHz or faster processor (32-bit only), 128 MB RAM, IE6 or later, 1.5 GB free disk space, CD-ROM drive, SVGA 800 x 600 display
|System Requirements||Mac OS X 10.7: Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor, 2 GB RAM, Safari 3, 1.5 GB free disc space, CD ROM Drive, XGA 1024 x 768 display
Mac OS X 10.6: Intel processor, 1 GB RAM, Safari 3, 1.5 GB free disc space, CD ROM Drive, XGA 1024 x 768 display
Mac OS X 10.5.8: Intel processor, PowerPC G5, PowerPC G4, 512 MB RAM, Safari 3, 1.5 GB free disc space, CD ROM Drive, XGA 1024 x 768 display
|Power Requirements||100 to 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Printing: 23 W
Standby: 2.0 W
Off: 0.4 W
|Temperature / Humidity||Operating Temperature: 41 to 95 °F (5 to 35 °C)
Storage Temperature: 32 to 104 °F (0 to 40 °C)
Operating Humidity: 10 to 90%
Storage Humidity: 5 to 95%
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||19.4 x 17.7 x 8.6″ (49.1 x 44.8 x 21.8 cm)|
|Weight||25.7 lb (11.7 kg)|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||22.5 x 11.5 x 21.5″|
Canon PIXMA MX892 Software Scanner and Driver Download
|PIXMA MX892 series Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||37 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.03||29 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||188.8.131.52||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||18.1.0b||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56||23 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||1.90||1.3 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3.70||3.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.70||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||1.90||3.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||3.70||8.1 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.7.0||9.1 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X v10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/Xp)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||5.1.1||35 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7)||1.6.0||879 KB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||5.1.1||48 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1||4.9 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.5/10.6)||5.1.0||36 MB||Download|
|Solution Menu EX (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.4.1||9.6 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000/me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.5)||2.0.1||5.8 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.5)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (Windows 2000)||1.2.0||3 MB||Download|
|Speed Dial Utility (OS X 10.4/10.5)||1.2.0||1.1 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Power PC (OS X 10.4/10.5)||3.2.0||4.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series User Manual (Windows)||1.30||19 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series User Manual (Mac)||1.30||143 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint||2.0||971 KB||Download|
|The manual for how to use AirPrint||2.0||1.2 MB||Download|
|Setting Up the FAX||V1||767 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series – Setting Up the Fax||1.00||667 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MX892 series – Specifications Sheet||1.00||271 KB||Download|
|Guide for Printer Setup for Network||V1||500 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||1.90||502 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||3.70||92 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MX892 Driver Our only provides original drivers that we have quoted from the official web canon. If you find a link error please notify us via the Contact form.
Canon PIXMA MX892 Installation Manual
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
How To Setting Up Wireless Connection For Canon PIXMA MX892
- Press the Menu button on your Canon PIXMA MX892 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on Canon MX892 printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use PIXMA MX892 with wireless to print your office or home jobs.